Caring for your bag from PORT•SACKS
Your PORT•SACK is made with marine and outdoor grade materials, so it is a pretty robust piece. But, that said, handles get dirty and accidents happen. Below, please find instructions to spot clean both the bag itself and the rope handles. But if you have any other questions or concerns, please call Colleen Secino at 617.213.1227.
We stand by our bags, so never hesitate to ask for help with re-tying the knots, replacement of a stainless steel foot or with any questions.
Interior & Exterior Materials:
- Apply a light mist of mild detergent and water using a spray bottle.
- Remove stain with a sponge or soft toothbrush.
- Blot with clean wet towel thoroughly to remove all detergent residue.
- Air dry or blot excess water.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all detergent residue is removed.
- Add one capful of bleach (dish soap for black handles) to a bowl; fill with hot tap water.
- Remove handles from bag and submerge in water.
- Let sit for at least one hour (overnight if possible)
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Remover excess water with paper towel; let air dry.
- Repeat if necessary. See figures below to re-tie your nautical “figure 8” and "fisherman's" knots.
(Figure 8 knot...for Bosun, Captain, Life's A Beach and Stowaway.)
(Fisherman's knot...for Ditty.)